Summer is a fun season when pets and owners get to spend more quality time outdoors in nature. However, with the warm weather comes legions of fleas and ticks looking to feast off your beloved dogs and cats. Not only can fleas and ticks cause your pet to feel itchy and uncomfortable, but even worse, these parasites can make your pet very ill. It’s time to outsmart these pesky insects and enjoy summer to the fullest with your four-legged friends!
A few facts about fleas and ticks:
Did you know, fleas and ticks are most prevalent during summer months because they thrive on warm weather and high humidity?
A recent report released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention states that over the last twelve years, the number of Americans bitten by ticks or fleas (and mosquitoes) has tripled. Can you imagine what this number could be for our pets who love to roll in the grass and venture through the woods?
Preventative measures you can take to protect you and your pets:
- Keep your grass trimmed, as well as bushes and trees with low-hanging branches. This will help reduce shaded areas where fleas and ticks thrive.
- Consider treating your yard with an outdoor flea/tick treatment. Make sure it’s pet-friendly!
- Check your pet daily. Between your dog’s toes, in and around his ears and head, his neck and belly and around his tail.
- Marigolds, a gorgeous yellow-colored flower, actually have the ability to naturally repel invasive pests like fleas and ticks. You can purchase them on Amazon and plant them in your garden.
- Regular grooming and/or bathing is a must! Purchase a pet shampoo that has been created to help deter pests.
Oxyfresh, the leading provider of safe, environmentally-friendly products for people and pets, has created a Pet Shampoo that naturally safeguards against fleas and ticks thanks to its citrus peel essential oil ingredient. Essential oils come from plants, so it’s only natural that the same plants can also protect you from insect invasions. The citrus fragrance is light and refreshing, not overpowering.
Additional Benefits of Oxyfresh Pet Shampoo:
SOLVES TOUGHEST ODORS– Clean pets are happy pets, and our proprietary, gentle formula is unrivaled in neutralizing pet odors, including pesky skunk odor.
SOOTHES SKIN– Advanced conditioning formula will make the pet feel truly pampered. Free of any harsh chemicals and fragrances that may irritate delicate skin.
SHINIER COAT– Tough on dirt, but not on their coat. Formulated with essential oil and amino acids for an easy-to-brush coat that feels fresh and soft.
Oxyfresh uses only toxic-free, gentle ingredients that are safe for pets and the planet. For over 30 years, vets have loved and recommended their innovative pet care products. Their entire product line is made in the USA too! Not only will this shampoo help to repel fleas and ticks, but the ingredients will give pets a shiny and fresh beautiful coat all summer long. Learn more at: https://shop.oxyfresh.com/products/pet-shampoo/